Monday, July 20, 2009

but there are two i's

NMF and I had another late night crisis at work together (yes we work together). I dropped the ball on a big project that will basically cause us to suffer during the last week before Peru. Times like this make me so thankful that I have Nicole in my life.

You'd think that we are total opposites. I'm a dirty, disorganized mess with a bad haircut. Nicole loves baskets, a made bed and task lists. She is sporty, impulsive, and outgoing, while I resist social networking sites and showers. Neither I nor my friends thought that I'd end up falling for a girl from anywhere near the Marina.

I'm not going to say that opposites attract. Really what happened is that we discovered that under the dirt and crewneck sweaters, we really are similar. Similar enough to do everything together (cook, exercise, bike, travel, clean, watch the Tour), but different enough to be compatable. Nicole's impulse cures my lack of follow thru, my hugs cure her worries, her strength makes me grow and my patience gives her perspective.

I'm counting the hours until I get on that shitty American Airlines plane to Peru. To the start of another adventure with the one I love. Until then, I accept another late night of work knowing that we'll make it through this crisis because together we are unstoppable.

5 comments:

  1. JCB! What a beautiful post! I just sent an email to my friends and family telling them to check out our blog before we head to Peru... I hope you are ready for some comments! :)

    Thank you for saying such amazingly nice things about me. You are the best. I am not mad about work. We will get through it. We always do. Miss you. ((())) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says ... She is NOT from the Marina -- she is from the Keystone State!!! She says, "down the shore" not "to the beach". LOL And yes, Mr. JCB -- be ready for some comments -- this is a very chatty family on the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice trip and have fun for two!.
    Rinus.
    www.rinusrunning.punt.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say how cute you two - you are such a great couple and Brian just gagged.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wrote this? Not Bolt-On that I remember from Claremont. Has living in SF softened you up? How did you get away from PC gaming long enough to write this love story? Eloquent & well-structured prose spoken from the heart... what alien has taken over JCB's body!? ;) Enjoy Peru and look out for Dead Woman's Pass on the Inca trail.

    ReplyDelete