Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Misadventure Numero Tres: Dysentery

Let´s just say that Nicole and I reached a new level in our relationship during our first night in Cusco. To start, we had a great - but expensive - lunch at the organic restaurant Greens, on Plaza de Armas, for our first meal in Cusco. Soup, sandwiches, and a pear baked with goat cheese inside and drizzled with a wine-chocolate sauce on top. Very tasty. Muy bueno

Nicole was so excited after this meal that she turned to me and said, "Let´s get wasted and stay out all night!" We tried our hardest. After walking around the city for a few hours, we ended up at Norton´s Pub on Plaza de Armas. While watching an Andean sunset, we downed a few Cusqueña´s and hung out with the bartender. Hungry for pizza, we solicited recomendations for the best place in town, and promised to return to the bar after dinner for the back-packer / frat-party scene that was sure to get started at Norton´s later in the evening.

Chez Maggie was the restuarant we chose for pizza at the suggestion of multiple locals, inlcuding the bartender at Norton´s. The food was great, but our waiter was a total dickhead. He hit on mi novia (Nicole) while winking at me like I was in on it the entire time. He also said, to my face, that I must be gay, since I live in San Francisco. Since he was such a douche, we didn´t leave him a tip. And I´m pretty sure that as a result of our behavior, he poisoned me...

Long story short, we didn´t get wasted and go out to bars. Instead, I wasted the bathroom and Nicole heard everything. And she still loves me.

Needless to say, the next day I woke up with a massive headache, and my stomach hasn´t been the same. Writing this blog three days later, and all I´ve managed to kick is the headache.

Misadventure Numero Tres.

2 comments:

  1. Cypro should cure your ailments....it's worked for both Brian and I in Africa. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole was so excited after this meal that she turned to me and said, "Let´s get wasted and stay out all night!" WHAT??? I mean WHAT???

    My daughter wouldn't say any such thing. Oh the shame -- it is times like this when she takes after her mother. LOL

    ReplyDelete